Hi

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dota Tourney

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jed3y3

PostSubject: Dota Tourney   Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:27 pm

so ya there is a dota tourney at br next month. BUT THIS SHIT IS GAY AS FUCK. its 3v3 we cant do team hard gay > : ( 5v5 would be so much better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Combusted

PostSubject: Re: Dota Tourney   Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:47 pm

yeah dude
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/combusted
Combusted

PostSubject: Re: Dota Tourney   Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:43 pm

So, it might be 5v5

I was thinking, Team Hadogei!?!?!? OKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Myself, Ryan, Zac, Kevin, Dan

lets talk some strats
Back to top Go down
jet

PostSubject: Re: Dota Tourney   Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:22 am

no, its 3v3 fo sho, its like written in stone...no way for a 5v5 anymore

however....im thinking we should change our team for each different game

i was thinking of the 1st team andrew reccomended
mort jet
omni comb
rhasta echh

well, its a good turtle game team, if you give me enough time to do my thing

then i was thinking of a super push team...you know...end the game fast, dont give them time to fight back.......
prophet
broodmother
enigma

brood pushes vlads.....at lvl 7 everyone pushes mid ftw......i figure spiderlings.....treants.and eidolons can do the trick.....with vlads on BM they wont die.....so someone would need to get mech or the armor thingy....but past lvl 10 that strategy is trash

keep posting
Back to top Go down
Combusted

PostSubject: Re: Dota Tourney   Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:31 am

Bane, Sand King, Rhasta.

Disables out the ass, bane can hold/rhasta can hold, SK ulti, GG no re.
Back to top Go down
jet

PostSubject: Re: Dota Tourney   Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:07 am

hmm.....thats good and all

but we need some crazy off the wall strats, and we need to get them down

i mean, people will expect the basic 3v3 team......

i would say all 3 of us random for the extra gold....but we got bad odds at a bad team

im thinking if we make my zerg team we could all get eul's to keep one guy CC'ed at all times, and try to end the game by level 10......but we need to try the attack out before we use it.....no use doing theorycraft when its buisness time(wednesday)

hmm.....do you think techies serve a good role in 3v3 game? i know they push good..but im not sure how they function in 3v3

we could go a CC team....and everyone get euls......then focus fire....i mean if we sit next to each other we could have a guy call the shots...like me ryan or andrew in charge of calling targets, we could get a CC rotation down, and with euls we could perma CC people

just another thought on it
Back to top Go down
Jed3y3

PostSubject: Re: Dota Tourney   Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:23 pm

well 1st off it is very possible they can change to 5v5. When i was talking to one of the guys they were considering it. But i do like the idea of early push. From what i see most players don't last hit and just auto so they most likey can not get enough gold in beg. while we can prob farm better.

Also i suggest that if it is 3v3 one buy chick, one buys crow recipe, and one be observer wards duty (2 can switch of between it but carry shouldn't buy any wards) and we can have the crow run back and forth placing wards at river rune spots cause IMO 3v3 there is gonna be a lot of ganking going on and its better to be safe and see that shit coming.
We should start practicing different strats to on bnet and see how they work out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jet

PostSubject: Re: Dota Tourney   Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:07 am

ill do the science and math of time it takes to reach lvl7

i want this game won at 7-10 lvl 11 is pushing it

we should go survival skill, summoning skill, survival skill, summoning skill, summoning skill, ulti/survival, summoning

ill do the math to see at what time i hit lvl 7 with no one ganking me or denying, add in 10% for denys, and that will be our target time for lvl 7, at 7 ill give the signal, then we will go to base, get our items, spend every peice of gold we have, and go for the win

enigma, broodmother, prophet is the fasting pushing team i can imagine without including techies

i dont think serpent wards can be summoned fast enough....also, they cant move, which means they cant push....the meaning of my strat is to take all of our units, and keep them alive....basicly turning it into a game of intense micro to insure they dont kill our shit, while maintaining they survive to do damage for maximum push

nig can deny, and make heavy hitting units..also range for guaranteed focus fire
spiders multiply, they are the main force of the push...power in numbers
trees are allways around....a good base unit, nice amount of life, and hit ok i guess

our weakness here is aoe.....1 techies can jew us out of the tourney
all it takes is 1 aoe hero.....i dont think bristleback will be an issue....but major aoe heroes pose a threat.

this is where euls comes in handy......enigma can CC kinda, spider doesnt got shit, and i think prophet build will be 4 treants, 1 tree circle, 1 tele, 1 ulti...(ulti can be exception...maybe stats or sumthing)

well, enigma will be our main CC, but we would need the jump....they wont attack one at a time, so if one of us can get euls (prophet) we can euls their CC'er and the enigma can do ulti, while we take every unit we own and focus fire, spiders are small, after the black hole, prophet trees their heroes....

broodmom - vlads....rape for what we will be doing...ill play brood and push for this item
prophet - euls....CC, extra int for expensive spells with any money left over...if possible an aoe item
enigma - mech if possible, if not, i say another euls, and if not that, arcane ring, give all of us extra mana for better push

get back to me on this subject, we got 2 weeks and 6 days to perfect it for the tourney, and if i like the results, we can push it every round to the finals, if i dont like what i see, we can use it as a counter pick, or wtf balls to the wall strat to keep them off guard
Back to top Go down
Combusted

PostSubject: Re: Dota Tourney   Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:55 am

So, after a 3v3 trial run on bnet, out KOTL, Enig, Brood seemed to work successfully.
Back to top Go down
Combusted

PostSubject: Re: Dota Tourney   Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:56 am

ok, so, me and zac have discovered a replacement for kotl.

dirge, and here's why

soul rip, imagine lvl4 soul rip with 6-8 spiders, 6 eidoleons, zombies, and creeps, thats 500damage/heal from it alone

we need to try it out sometime, since BR can host now, we should sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Jed3y3

PostSubject: Re: Dota Tourney   Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:16 pm

WTF rd gey
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Combusted

PostSubject: Re: Dota Tourney   Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:29 am

Who says dirge and KOTL aint good niggas?

Back to top Go down
Daniel

PostSubject: Re: Dota Tourney   Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:54 am

guys me and andrew have been playing quite a bit and here are some of the imbalanced combos weve seen.(they might not apply to the tourney)

Techies, Obsidian (obsidian stays close to techies so his aura to return mana equal to the cost of the spell makes it so techies can mine alot more)

Ursa, Bristle (at about lvl 4 bristle spams snot slow and ursa hits u, i personally soloed this lane with razor and it was driving me crazy nothing i could do. counter: something that blinks EX. Magina)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Combusted

PostSubject: Re: Dota Tourney   Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:11 pm

we should register today, Zac.
Back to top Go down
Combusted

PostSubject: Re: Dota Tourney   Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:03 am

ughhhhghghghghg 3rd place.

bad hero picks that game ;;
Back to top Go down
Jed3y3

PostSubject: Re: Dota Tourney   Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:51 am

Heh 3rd it worked out i didnt want a headset cuase i already got one. That mouse pad is ownage tho shit is fucking HUGE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dota Tourney   

Back to top Go down

Dota Tourney
Page 1 of 1